Friday, April 12, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 103/263, 2024 - Friday

Bird or dogs? Bird or dogs? Bird or dogs? I'm going with the bird. I still have not seen any hummers at my feeders, and I might clean the feeders and fill them with fresh syrup tomorrow or Sunday. Jimmie and Linda two doors down have one or two at their feeders, and another friend of mine (Jill) in Kerrville reported her first sighting of hummers at her feeder. So, I will be patient and do what I can to attract me some hummers. The other birds are happily taking advantage of the water I put out in the front and back. There was also a juvenile Cardinal at this water station, but I was not quick enough to get a photo. We had a nice wak this morning, and then it was off to Austin. All was calm there, and I got everything I needed to do, done. I had a couple errands on the way home, one was to stop at Costco. I picked up a few things I did not get last week, and it is interesting that the coffee pods I use at home and we use at the office are no longer available in the Costco stores. SO, I order coffee from Costco, and it is out for two day delivery. It seems like a lot of trouble! After Costco, I wanted to stop at one of the local nurseries to replace the plants in the pots in front of the garage. I wanted some yellow bougainvillea. I never heard of them but Marian found some a couple weeks ago. I saw them online, but that seems silly to order plants online, so I settled for a couple multi-colored lantana instead. I will plant them tomorrow, maybe before we head off to estate sales. It should be a nice, calm, restful weekend. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment