Saturday, April 13, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 104/262, 2024 - Saturday

We took time off from estate sales this morning for an emergency mission to save a turtle that was crossing Sun City Boulevard. With flashers flashing, we made several illegal maneuvers before coming to a stop and finding the turtle. Diane carried him (Diane's assumption) to the other side of the road, where she set him down in some grass. I saw a post later in the day on Facebook that the 'paint turtles' are on the move, so maybe this was a paint turtle. Not sure. We did not get to know him long enough to name him, so we do not have a real attachment to him. Then we finished out estate sales...the sales were really underwhelming, but we all bought something. I was desperate, so I bought something that I don't even know what it is, and neither does anyone else. Speaking of estate sales, I bought something last week, a piece of pottery, that is signed on the bottom in either Japanese or Chinese. Should I know the difference? If I should, go ahead and blast me, I don't. BUT, is there anyone here that might be able to translate it for me? I expect it is the artists signature, maybe where and when it was made. Let me know. As usual, the day started with a nice walk, you already know about the estate sales, but after a nap, I went (for the third Saturday in a row) and had 20 fried shrimp for lunch. Not tire of then yet, and I think they are really good. Not sure how long this special will be running, but I am down for it again next Saturday, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment