Sunday, April 21, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 112/254, 2024 - Sunday

Well, hell. It is Monday eve, and it makes me sad! We had a good walk this morning, and once I got back to the Curious House, I did a few little chores, and then met up with Marian and we went BACK to one of the estate sales we hit yesterday, to see what we could find that was 50% off. I bought about $25 worth of stuff, and that is not a bad thing. Later in the day, I went to Costco and walked around in circles for a while, looking for something I wanted and it was right in front of me the whole time. Done. I had dinner tonight with Val, Paulina and Oliver, and now it is time to watch another installment of A Gentleman in  Moscow. Tonight will be the third or fourth installment. Not sure home many installments there will be, but I enjoyed reading the book several years ago. Seven years ago today, Jody and I adopted the girls from the Georgetown Animal Shelter. We had no idea how old they were when we adopted them, but the shelter thought Lexie (aka The Piglet) was three at the time, and Callie was two. They told us they had been raised together and they had been surrendered by someone that was traveling around the country in a big RV. I thought part of traveling around in a big RV was to have a couple dogs with you, but, whatever. The Piglet took to Jody immediately, and Callie just hung out in the background. We adopted them both, and once we got them home, they acted like they had never seen the other in their lives. The Piglet is still a clingy little girl, and she cannot be more than a foot or two out of my sight at any given time. Callie remains the laid back calm one, with a take-it-or-leave-it kind of attitude. So, I guesstimate the Piglet is not ten, and Callie is nine. They both have a good life, and just like me, they are lucky, LUCKY girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment