Thursday, April 25, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 116/250, 2024 - Thursday

I have wakened tired the last two mornings, even though I feel like I have slept well. Interesting. We had a nice walk this morning, and then I had some breakfast and fed the girls. I had a very disappointing zoom call at 9:30, and that was followed with a few phone calls from participants, voicing their unhappiness as well. Off to the office, I arrived later than I had anticipated, and touched some stuff and met with Kerry and Laura to go over management reports. Today was a plasma day. Full legal name? Date of birth? Are you allergic to iodine? Do you still have your spleen? When I donate platelets or plasma, those questions are asked at least a few times. You learn something everyday; your spleen is where the body stores platelets. It is also interesting that the machine decides if you are going to donate plasma or platelets. Even though I have only done platelets/plasma twice, the machine has said it wants my plasma. In case you are not aware, plasma in a plastic bag looks like pee. It's kind of disgusting looking. AND, it gets really cold in that room when you are laying there for a couple hours. I had my blanky that Teri gave me for Christmas, and even though there were about nine or twelve other prople in the room donating something, I was about to freeze. Then I was too hot. It is a never ending battle. Tomorrow all I have on the schedule is an appointment to take the girls to the vet for shots, and paperwork to take them to Playa in late May. Don't tell them, I want to surprise them!

No comments:

Post a Comment