Thursday, April 4, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 95/271, 2024 - Thursday

It is the weekend eve, and that is pretty darned exciting. Just in case you were wondering, the poop in the tree was still there this morning when we walked. Apparently, poop in a purple bag in a tree has a pretty long shelf life, I will keep you all up to date on this topic. Baklava is a baked Mediterranean pastry dessert. It is made with buttered flakey layers of thin phyllo dough and finely chopped spiced nuts, drizzled with sweet syrup and lemon. The most common nuts used are walnuts and pistachios, but hazelnuts, almonds, and cashews are sometimes incorporated into baklava. NOTE: I know a woman in Playa named Hazel, but she is not nuts. Just to be clear. The nut mixture and sweeteners vary depending on which region the baklava comes from. You're welcome! I bring this up because, last night, Pam brought me a HUGE container of baklava. It looked like some sort of an entree to me, not a dessert, and I was planning to have it for dinner tonight. I was bragging during our morning walk about my good fortune, when I was told that, if I had the baklava for dinner, I would be bouncing off the walls for a couple days. SO, for dinner tonight, I had a couple pimento cheese flips and a little baklava for dessert. Very good! Oh, and for lunch today, I had a brisket grilled cheese sandwich from one of the food trucks across the street from the office. Very good, too. Apparently, this journal entry is about food and poop. Interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment