Wednesday, February 24, 2010

2010 - Day Fifty Five...

Four more days and the tiara is being shipped off to the rest home. Sunnyville or something like that. I have it convinced that it is a 'rest home', a very nice little spot in the country. Just between us, it is kind of a ... how should I put this ... home for wayward tiaras. Pat has really taken this whole 'tiara theme blog month' far beyond the scope of anything I was imagining during the planning stages. I thought it would be nice, but suddenly the tiara has begun making demands. It insists the waiting area before the photo shoot have nothing but blue M&M's; any bathing type facility will have only 'blue/white' towels, the room shall be freshly painted blue with white trim; and its' 'handlers' are to outfitted in sand blue crushed velvet ensembles 'befitting its' station in life'. Whatever...four more days and that thing is history. Can you say Sunset Boulevard? I'm ready for my close-up Mr. DeMille? You are one brick short of a load? How about this; You're one rhinestone short of a tiara? I don't care who you are, that's funny! Anyway, today's guest is Miss Hessie from the Board of REALTORS. A wonderful friend, and always lots of fun. ABP!

A busy day today, and it was interesting travelling into the city. My car actually skidded a little bit on IH-35 and on MoPac as well. Just little patches of ice here and there, but you needed to be careful. AND, as you know, I am like an old granny driver when there are conditions like that, so I was extra-conscientious, much to the dismay of the drivers behind and around me. I did not even do any text messaging. How boring is that...and how can I be expected to be out of touch for up to 45 minutes at a time?

This is a photo of one of the little photo-cell lights we have outside the bedroom window. I thought it would make an interesting remembrance of the SNOW EVENT. We do not expect to have another for about twenty-five years. The last time is snowed this much in the Central Texas area was early in 1985...about six months before I moved here. Driving home this afternoon, there were still spots around with snow, in fact, there is still a little bit of snow on the roof of the house, and around the truck. So, that is a good thing. I think the temperature might have reached the low 50's today, but not 100% certain of that.

There was a nice sunset in evidence as we were sitting down for dinner. I am having issues with my camera(s) and cannot get what I consider to be a good sunset shot. Maybe it is the fault of the camera operator, and not of the camera. That is the way it usually works out, in my opinion.

Okay, short entry today...tired...

Deeds, Actions, Changes, SUNSETS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment