Thursday, February 11, 2010

2010 - Day Forty Two...

Okay, it is a rainy, rainy day her in Austin, and I am struggling to find interesting places to take a photo of the tiara. Next February, I need to think of an easier theme. I thought this would be a fun theme,and there have been fun moments, but it is almost like work. Tomorrow will be at the Board of REALTORS, so I expect I will be able to find some appropriate targets for tiara wearing. We shall see. Today, this photo of the tiara is in the office at home. This is a bust of Napoleon wearing my 'bee veil', and accessorized with the tiara. Not that interesting, but I am floundering here!

So far it has been a good (EXCEPT FOR THE RAINING CONSTANTLY PART), but really busy day! I got in last last night, and of course I need to chill out a little while before I can get to sleep, so I watched the end of a few programs (channel surfing - multi-tasking, there is a fine line) and then I watched part of the last news, checked e-mails, FaceBook and all those things we HAVE TO CHECK. I got into bed about 11 o'clock, and actually rested pretty well. I woke up about 4:15 and got up, and did my usual stuff, and headed off to work about 6:45.

The drive in was a little bit of a chore, but I got into the office, did some re-capping of the meeting last night (document, document, document while it is all still fresh), and then we had our PM meeting starting at 9 o'clock. It was a good meeting, and when that was over, it was pretty much time for me to go and do my Meals-On-Wheels gig.

Of course, it was raining the whole time I was delivering to my clients, and miraculously as soon as I delivered my last meal, the rain stopped. One of my clients (one of my faves) who usually has a helper with her was all alone today, and I guess the aide had car trouble or something. She seemed a little bit confused, so I hope her helper will be back tomorrow. I had seven clients today, and that is a pretty good number. The clients come and go, and the number peaked last fall, and then there has been a decline for a while, and now it is building up again.

Once I finished my Meals-On-Wheels gig, I headed out to take photos of a listing I will be putting on the market tomorrow. Here is a little sneak-peak, it is in Northwest Austin, off Spicewood Springs Road. Nice unit, 1 bedroom, fresh interior, and a family of owls lives seasonally outside the second floor deck. I will try to get a photo of the owl for you to look at tomorrow. This is a really nice unit, and it will be well priced, so let me know if you know anyone who might be interested.

I cannot believe I am using this social web-site to conduct business. It goes against most of my principals about social networking, but I am staying true to my efforts to remain a vague as possible. Hmmmm... Whatever...

I have another appointment that I need to leave for in just a few minutes, a property management presentation, so that will be fun. It is half-way between the office and the house, so I will not be coming back to the office after that appointment. I am going to stop at Fire Bowl in Round Rock and pick up some takee-outee food for dinner tonight. Jody is having Pad-Thai, and I am undecided. I am certain however, that I will not be trying anything new. FER SHURE!

Okay, today was a day with two good appointments. This week, a buyer/seller client, a seller client, and a property management referral. It is almost like the old days when there was business to go all around! Life was different then...life is good now, but it was different then. I don't really miss that life, I am terrifically happy with this life...it was just different then.

HOW HIGH'S THE WATER, MAMA? TEN FEET HIGH AND RISING! Well, maybe not, but it seems that way. All the tanks on our property are filled to overflowing, and we may as well change the name of the place to 'Soggy Bottoms', because that is what it is like. We have another 6/10" in the gauge since I left for work this morning. I think I saw the cattle hovering around the barn, and that is good. I am glad they have the sense to get in there and out of the rain. I have just a tinge of concern for the new baby calf. BUT, they do just fine, they are evolved into that kind of survival. At least they have plenty of food, our cattle DO NOT go hungry! And neither do I.

Okay, that's it!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, Kindnesses, RAIN GAUGES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment