Wednesday, February 10, 2010

2010 - Day Forty One...

Okay, I found a willing victim (I mean candidate) to wear the tiara this morning. It is our friend Ben who is also probably the best web-site developer guy around. I always considered Ben to be someone that was open to a new experience, and an open-minded kind of guy, and he proved me to be correct and accurate about that assessment. He is trying to look like he is afraid, but I think he looks pretty darn good in rhinestones! He looks a heck-of-a-lot better in it than I do, but maybe it is because his head is bigger, the tiara fits better. What do you think? So, now I am working on tomorrow’s post for the tiara-wearing. If any of you want to volunteer, let me know and we can make the necessary arrangements.

Here is another photo of the new heifer calf. This is her alongside Orchid, the cow that I think is her mother. I could well be wrong about this, and I really need to see her nurse, but Orchid’s bag was the most likely of all the suspects, and she could well have had a calf now since her last bull calf. Her last calf (by the same bull) was brown, though, so that has me thinking some. Still not sure until I see her nurse. I will not be able to check it out this afternoon, I will be getting home late this evening; I have a HOA meeting to attend at 6:30, and I hope the meeting will be over by about 8:30, then I have to drive an hour home, so I will check things out tomorrow afternoon.

Last night I took this photo of an amaryllis that is blooming in the bedroom. Jody got this as a gift for Christmas (from Jan), and he really has a green thumb. They are just going to be beautiful, but I am not sure that all three will be blooming at the same time. That would be lovely, but I am not sure if it will happen or not. If it does, I will take another photo and share it with you. We have lots of amaryllis that we have planted at the house as well, they really do naturalize nicely, and there are all sorts. I especially like the ones that look like peppermint sticks.

This is not a great photo of this morning’s sunrise (I was, after all, driving down I-35 BUT I WAS PHOTGRAPHING, NOT TEXTING OR CHECKING MY E-MAIL), but there was this one giant shaft of light coming out of the clouds, and it was really interesting to look at. I called Jody to see if he could see it, but it was not the same from 30 miles away. He did report a beautiful sun rise, and it was nice that we could both share it, even though we were not both at the same place.

Well, this is just great! There is frozen precipitation falling outside my office window as I write this. AND I have a meeting this evening at Cat Mountain (a subdivision in near Northwest Austin). AND, the Cat Mountain area is a hilly area, and it will not be pretty if it is icy or slippery. I am enough of a granny driver in the dark on a dry day, so I will be a little bit crazy if I am caught out in this stuff. BUT, I will just have to wait and see how things progress as the day goes on. I will be heading out for lunch in just a little while, and I am sure there will be updates throughout the day.

The frozen precipitation has ended for the last several hours, so I will be leaving here momentarily for the HOA meeting. That will pretty much end the post for today.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, Kindnesses, SLEET, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment