Friday, February 5, 2010

2010 - Day Thirty Six...

It is very interesting to me that folks will put balloons on their heads and pose for photos (see photo below, I have no idea who those people are), BUT they are very suspicious of someone wanting to take a photo of them with an otherwise harmless tiara. There were really no good prospects for tiara-dom today, so the tiara set off on its’ own and found a small oasis in the otherwise shopping madness of Cozumel. COZUMEL; that’s Spanish for same crap, more expensive. Cozumel is basically a formerly deserted island that was developed as a stop for the cruise ship industry. Just as in the old west, stage coach stops were a couple hours ride away from each other, I think Cozumel was just a place to stop so the ship would not have ANOTHER ‘fun day of sailing’. Towards the end of the cruise, there is no such thing as a ‘fun day of sailing’.

This was another productive day for me. I sat on the stern of the ship this morning and enjoyed coffee and a long chat with a fellow REALTOR® Debbie, and that was very nice. We have attended SEVERAL classes together, but we have never really had an opportunity for some quality one-on-one time, so I enjoyed that very much.

I had pretty much expected that I would not get off the ship today; I really did not think there was any reason for me to get off. By noon, I had completed a good bit of class-prep, and it was a really pretty day, so I took the chance and got off. I should have listened to my instincts, but it was not an awful thing. It was fun walking around and looking at all the folks that had started drinking ‘early’, and chose not to quit. It was a happy group! There were some interesting things to see, and one guy had a plaster mule that he would take pictures with tourists on it. His come on was ‘do you want to dress up and let me take your picture with my ass?’ Okay, you had to be there!

I got back on the ship, had lunch, did a little bit more work, and took a nap. The ship was really kind of bouncing back and forth, and I thought maybe I had slept through the launch, but when I looked outside, I found that it was raining outside, and the wind was blowing pretty strongly. I think once we cast off, it may be a little bouncy, but nothing terrible. If it rains all day tomorrow, I think the morning class (that I am planning on taking) will be standing room only. I have taken two classes on-board so far, and presented two classes so far, and I am looking forward to the next class. Mark is a great instructor, and I have learned a lot that I did not know so far this trip. Usually, Mark’s classes are scheduled at times that I have conflicts, so I have enjoyed his classes.

Tonight there will be five of us going to The Pointe, the (allegedly) fine dining room on the ship. I really do not know what to expect, but I am looking forward to it. I have talked with a couple of my friends that have been up there, and they really enjoyed the visit, and said the food was VERY GOOD. In fact, a couple of them are going back for the second visit.

I am not sure if I will post this entry before dinner or after dinner…probably after. Dinner is a 7 o’clock, so there should be plenty of time to post after that. UPDATE: Okay it is now almost 10:30 and I just got back from dinner. I have to tell you, it was most likely one of the MOST DELICIOUS dinners I have ever had in my LIFE…and that cover a lot of territory! I had the Prime Rib, and it was melt-in-your-mouth delicious. I am not someone that you would consider a gourmand, but this was good stuff. The entire dinner was wonderful, and the company and camaraderie that was shared during the dinner could not have been better.

I think we were supposed to leave the port this evening at about 6PM, but we did not leave until almost 7PM…at about 6 o’clock we were still moored to the dock, and the gangways were still out. Finally one of the excursion boats pulled up (where the other Carnival ship had been earlier) and it docked across from us, and about 200 passengers left that boat and got on our ship. I wish I knew where they had been. I assume we will make up the time in the day-and-a-half it will take us to get back to Galveston.

I have a monkey hanging from the (whatever, I cannot think of the word) in the corner of my room tonight. It is kind of cute, but it is an albino monkey, a rare breed found only at sea. Whatever…

I have had way too much fun today, and I am sad that it will all be over soon, but I am also delighted to be going home soon as well, and I will be VERY HAPPY to see Jody on Sunday. I can’t wait…

Deeds, Changes, Kindnesses, Actions, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment