Monday, February 8, 2010

2010 - Day Thirty Nine...

So, today is a lovely day. I am getting caught up with a weeks worth of stuff after having been out of the office, and I am making real progress. The tiara is now residing in my office, and I think this is an appropriate photo for my return. If you don't believe it is a jungle in the world of real estate and property management, just come and walk with me for a day!

It is a rainy day in Austin, and it is supposed to be so for most of the week. It is supposed to cool off tonight, though, which means it is going to be below freezing overnight and warm up during the day times. Crazy, even though we realize it is February, cold weather like this is just not something we want to get 'used to'. I had a relatively normal commute into the office this morning, and I was very patient with the damp roads. I had no book on CD, having finished them while I was on the trip. I will mail one back today, and Jody is listening to the other one, so I should have another in a week or so.

As I was going home yesterday, I took a minute to survey the progress on progress. These towers they have installed on the corner of 302 and 384 are even more ugly than the normal ones. I guess there is a method to the madness, but I don't get it. I do not understand the lack of (in my opinion) efficiency in erecting the towers either. The way they do it seems to be a tremendous waste of man hours and nothing about it seems very practical. BUT, it is not my area of expertise, and I assume they know what they are doing. They look kind of unfinished at best, but that is the way they are going to end up. There are several of these types all around the area, I just think they should try to make them a little bit more aesthetically pleasing for the cattle and the rest of us. Cattle and farmers are sensitive mammals, I can tell you that right now!

The drive home this afternoon was easy-breezy, and I had not expected that. No wrecks, no runs, no errors. Once I got home, everything was soaked again, and all the fields look like there will be no planting or plowing anytime soon. We have about 6/10" of rain in the gauge, and I expect there will be more this week. The good news (REALLY?) is that it is supposed to be windy overnight, and the turbines are out there generating their little hearts out as I type. During the time I was gone last week, there was very little wind, very little generation of power, BUT the power that was generated was helpful. Jody kept tabs on the meters for me, and for the whole week we used less electricity that for the same time last month. AND last month, we were generating LOTS of electricity. What a nerd...

OKAY THIS SUCKS...but I knew it was going to. I gained about five pounds on the cruise. It could have been a LOT worse, so I will take that. During the cruise last week, I discovered that soft-serve ice cream was effective as an analgesic. I discovered this quite by accident, but it was most helpful. If I was bloated, I had soft-serve ice cream on the ship. It I had a pain, I had soft-serve ice cream. Hung over? Soft-serve. Feeling all stove up? Soft-serve. Can't sleep? It seemed to also work as a mild sleep inducer. Sleeping too much? It was like an illegal scrip of Dexedrine LA's (remember those back in the '70's?! I think if I were still in college, pursuing an advanced degree, I might consider a thesis on the health benefits of soft-serve. There could even be control groups: Soft-Serve would be the real thing, and frozen yogurt would be the placebo. I think there are some societal ills that soft-serve could remedy, like water retention and swollen ankles. Let me do a little more investigating, and I will get back to you on this.

Deeds, Actions, CURES (there is a new one, if you are paying attention), Kindnesses, SOFT-SERVE, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment