Wednesday, February 17, 2010

2010 - Day Forty Eight...

Okay, the tiara found its' way to the Lakeway area this morning. I went to have lunch with my friend Bryan, and he was more than happy to have his photo taken with Pat (the tiara). I have not seen NEARLY enough of Bryan lately, and I really miss him. We used to call each other up at the spur of the moment, and meet for 'retail therapy'. Bryan is a computer guru and God of all things electronic. I would always call him with my stupid questions, and I know he really got tired of me. BUT, I will take what I can get of him, he is busy, I am busy, we are all busy.

This was the first time I have EVER been to the Hill Country Galleria, and I have to admit, I was UNDERWHELMED! Not any big deal, and I can kind of understand why the place is in bankruptcy! Nothing special about it, on the contrary, there is a lot about it that is inconvenient. And, as we all know, we are all about convenience! Why do you want to park in a kind of remote parking garage to go up and down a single street of shops. Okay, there are shops on both sides of the street, but still. Even the shopping center I worked at when I was 15 years ole (1967) was better than this one. This new 'outside mall' concept is just not working for me. I will admit to the fact that I am (likely) not cool enough for the concept, BUT I most likely will not make it a destination spot for my shopping needs. Target gets me!

I have had a difficult day, and I am over being yelled at and misunderstood. I believe I am having a failure to communicate kind of moment. ANYWAY, it is almost over. There are always peaks and valleys, I think I have just been on the short side of the peaks today.

I am off in just a few minutes to the Board of REALTORS for the 3rd Annual TREPAC Chili Cook-Off. That means this post will be uploaded LATE tonight (okay not late, but later than usual). I'M OLD, GET OVER IT! I am expecting it to be lots of fun, and it will be good to network with our colleagues and have some good chili to boot. I will let you know more later...

I am home from the Chili Cook-Off and it was a lot of fun. There were LOTS of people there, and it was a good chance for networking and mingling and trying various chili recipes and having a glass (or two) of wine. There were lots of opportunities to have Pat's (the tiara) photo taken with various celebrities from the Board. There will be lots of photos forthcoming, but let me just share these two with you. These are photos of the two Jim's...and they won the 'Best Theme' booth (Mardi Gras, a day late but maybe NOT a dollar short) and they won the best vegetarian chili award. I am not sure, but they may have had the ONLY vegetarian chili, but I am really not keeping score on that front. ANYWAY, kudos to them and all the rest of the participants. It was a fun evening and I believe there was a substantial amount of money raised for the cause.

OKAY, that is it...I am done for the day.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BEANS IN YER CHILI, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment