Sunday, February 21, 2010

2010 - Day Fifty Two...

This do in honor of Socar! Socar is in the 'barrel' today as the wearer of the tiara. Socar is getting the place of honor, since I will be attending the Region 15 Caucus this afternoon, and she is one of our three representatives of from that Region. Man-O-Man...the more I get involved with this real estate gig, the more-and-more complicated I find it to be. This is definitely a well-oiled machine. I believe most REALTORS believe they pay their dues for the use of the various MLS systems, but their is MUCH MORE to it than that! A LOT of dedication and hard work goes into the local, state and national Associations, and none of it could be accomplished without all the volunteers. My hat is off to all who work so hard.

It began as a foggy morning, and I had LOTS of chores to get done, and lots of other things to work into the morning. Feeding the cattle was the first (and honestly the most important) thing I needed to accomplish this morning. I was able to get the cattle fed and a fresh bale of hay out to them in record time. AND THEY should be called 'Pavlov's Cattle', because as soon as they hear that Mule coming towards them, they are all lined up at the trough. THEY ARE READY to be fed; I am glad there is a fence between them and me, and also grateful that they think the fence can restrain them. REALLY? A little fence holding back GREAT BIG Longhorn Cattle? REALLY?

We had about 1/8" of rain last night, just enough to make everything damp and wet. Add that to the already soggy pastures, and that means the cattle are still up to their ankles (do cattle have ankles) in mud around the troughs. The littlest new calf (Stormy) seems to be thriving, which Longhorns are wont to do. One of the reasons I chose them; they require very little care. Anything that can survive the uncertainties of Texas is a pretty darn hardy stock in my book.

I am going into town shortly to show some property to a Buyer client, then back home (after a stop at DQ), and then back into town for the caucuses. I expect it to be a really interesting and educational day. If I can get back to the meeting by 2PM, I will take a class as long as I am there. Take advantage when you have the chance!

On our way home, Jody pointed out to me the carcass of a coyote hanging off a fence on one of the County Roads. The idea is that if you hang the carcass it will be a warning to other coyotes that there is danger there. I think that gives other coyotes credit for being a little smarter than they really are. I still go on the theory that, as far as animals go, we as a species (human beings) are the only animals that realize and are conscious of the fact that we are going to die. Maybe I feel that way because I am not fluent in coyote...or basset hound...or whatever. Just a thought.

Okay, so it was a busy day. I made it back to the Association Meeting in time to attend a class at 1:45, then the Regional Caucus for the Austin Region. During the class, the tiara was kidnapped, and had to be retrieved. More details about that in tomorrow's post. The class was about gadgets and things (technologies) for making REALTORS lives easier...but it was really more about where to find things on the Internet that would be useful to REALTORS. Interesting class.

As it turned out, the day was a beautiful one, with bright sunny skies and temperatures in the mid-70's. A beautiful day. A busy day is in store for tomorrow. Good night!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, DEAD COYOTES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment