Friday, October 10, 2014

2014 - Day 283/82 - Friday...

There is always that awkward moment in the restaurant where you have to decide to ask for a carry-out or just keep eating until you burst.  I chose the latter in this case.  A new German restaurant opened last week in Bartlett, the Hausgarten Edelweiss.  I had the Spaetzel Schnitzel (I have absolutely no idea if I have spelled that correctly or not), and it was very, VERY good.  In a very nice mushroom gravy.  Delicious.  Jody had veal and pork brats (one of each) and he exhibited much more will power than me and brought one of them home with him.  I was actually expecting the place to be really busy, and there were two or three tables occupied when we got there, and several more arrived while we were there.  Again, it was very good, and I hope they do well.  We will do our best to help them along, but it will take more than just us!

This is the last weekend of ACL fest, and there is supposed to be a cold front coming through early in the morning (3:30 a.m.) and it is supposed to lower the temperatures (a record high today of 93 degrees) and bring a little bit of rain.  Wonderful to be able to plan to be awakened by the nervous Boy Dog and try to sleep in the dark closet with him.  We will deal with that when it happens.

Friday means awful television opportunities.  I think in that case I will just retire and get some early snoozing in before the Boy Dog goes berserk.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, GERMAN FOOD, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment