Monday, October 13, 2014

2014 - Day 286/79 - Monday...

Occasionally I have been diagnosed to be lacking a brain. "If he had another brain it would be lonesome!"  Sounds kind of appropriate at times, one of them being this morning.  My plan was to head into Austin and drive OUT of the rain and tornadic (spell-check says this is wrong, but the dictionary says it is correct.  Yes, I do have a dictionary, about seven pounds of one.) winds.  Instead, it seems I miscalculated the weather prognosticators and drove 50 miles INTO the storms, accompanied by the hurricane gales and the tsunami of automobiles flashing their little hearts out on the side of the road.  How did those two cars get pointed the wrong way, headlights gleaming and up against the concrete barrier along the inside lanes of the Interstate?  Was that a chicken?  Am I hallucinating?  Did a bring a change of underwear?  What will happen if they have to take me to the hospital with those underwear on?  I knew better than to not bring an extra pair. 

But I did survive it.  It was very convenient of Columbus to discover the new world on this date (whatever) in history, and that caused traffic to be less dense than usual.  I believe that if this had been a "normal" Monday drive, I would still be heading into Austin.

But it wasn't so I am not, and we have recorded 3.27" of rain in the past four days.  Clear sailing for the foreseeable future.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, STORMS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment