Thursday, October 30, 2014

2014 - Day 303/62 - Thursday...

Okay, bear with me while I make one (or two or three) more comment about the hotel I was staying in last night.  Overall, really it was very nice.  There are a couple things that make me think the room had been recently renovated and a couple things that make me think otherwise.  To begin (and this has nothing to do with renovations); most hotel rooms are carpeted, this room was partially carpeted and it also had a laminate flooring product on some of the floors and tile flooring in the bathroom.  The laminate flooring was sticky to my bare feet.  Does that mean that there is an equal amount of stickiness on the carpeted portions, but it has just been (somewhat) absorbed by the carpeting and does not necessarily feel sticky to the bare foot?  Just wondering.  Since I was assigned the handicapped suite, there was no transition of any kind between the bath flooring and the shower, just an incline of sorts in the general direction of the shower drain.  No need for concern though, since there was very low water pressure.  No concern for flooding the place at all.  And last for this rant is the fact that one of the smoke alarms that I discussed last night was obviously waiting for me to clear out so it could shower with a proper amount of privacy, whereby the shower cap that was covering it would come in handy.

Whatever.

Okay, so today I did something that I will most likely be sorry about in a day or two.  On the way home from San Antonio I stopped at the drive-through of a McDonald's on the Interstate.  It has been (probably) two years since I went to any McDonald's, let alone one on an Interstate.  Now I remember a couple of reasons for that avoidance.  First:  I wanted a cheeseburger,  Just a plain, ordinary cheeseburger.  Like the original cheeseburger that made them famous.  To the best of my knowledge, there is no option to order just a plain cheeseburger at McDonald's.  Second:  No matter what you order, you will not get that.  I do not know whose order I received, and I do not know who received my order, but I ended up with two kinds of sandwiches that I still have been unable to identify.  AND, by the time the discovery is made, I am back on the Interstate and travelling at a rapid rate.  Financially, I think I got the good end of that bargain, but that is not the point.  Third:  I believe I got two of the same sandwiches but they did not resemble each other in any way.  One looked like a sandwich, the other looked like a decoupage of items chosen randomly at a McDonald'
s store on the Interstate of a college town.

Enough.  There is more, but I am tired.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CHEESEBURGERS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment