Sunday, October 26, 2014

2014 - Day 299/66 - Sunday...

What in the devil was I thinking?  It turns out that Trader Joe's is a GROCERY STORE!  Well, I KNEW it was a grocery store, but I thought it would going to be something special, like, not a grocery store exactly, but like a GROCERY store.  Whole Foods and Central Market are GROCERY STORES, where they just happen to sell groceries.  Those stores are an experience.  The Trader Joe's we went to in the Arboretum is in the former SAKS store, so that should tell you a little bit about what we were (okay, what I was) expecting.  I had heard stories of life changing rice dishes, fabulous chicken pot pies, really good cheap wines, better than average key lime pies.  Perhaps I was underwhelmed because I waited five minutes for a guy to back out of a parking space by the door.  He backed out, pulled back in, backed out, didn't like the second set of results, and pulled back in.  Finally on the third back out, he maneuvered his vehicle out of the spot and into the unknown.  I also remember SAKS as being a much larger place than Trader Joe's.  I know they need stock rooms and all, but this was ridiculous.  I was more like a Fresh Plus than the famous Trader Joe's I had dreamed about.  I will give it a second chance at some point, but will probably go to the store on Bee Cave Road.  There were some lovely succulents outside though.  Very nice!

Trader Joe's was our last stop in Austin today.  First off we went in and met Jetta, Colette, Michael, Lynda and Julie for lunch at Maggiano's at the Domain.  We all (I think) had a very nice lunch, and are looking forward to all getting together again soon.  Then we had another errand to run, then off to drive past the new association facility (coming along very nicely) and then to Trader Joe's.

The week ahead will be sort of (but not terribly) busy.  It will be a good week!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, GROCERIES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment