Saturday, April 9, 2016

2016 - Day 100/266 - Saturday...

I kind of like being a deviate, but don't get your liver all up in a quiver, it's not what you think. I deviated from my normal Saturday schedule and cut grass this morning, well, actually, I was drug around much of the front yard this morning by the walk-behind mower. What with me and my bad leg and all... Afterwords, Jody and I did a full circle tour of much of central Texas, although our primary goals were food and rose bushes. We did our usual Saturday routine of going into Georgetown and having lunch, and then we headed off to FAR south Austin to the Natural Gardener for some rose bushes. We could have gotten roses much closer to home at a big-box store, but we are so very happy with the roses we got there last year, that we decided it was worth the time and effort to go back for more. We ended up with two climbers (one white and one red) to replace the morning glories at one of the trellises. We also got two floribunda (a yellow and a reddish orange one). The yellow one is named Julia Child, which I think is absolutely perfect! This is a photo of Jody next to the wagon full of roses that we soon had in the car.

One note about getting the grass cut; it is not done, there is more to be done tomorrow, but it was interesting that, when I would cut it in sections (I prefer achievable goals), I was amazed at how the sections turned into the out the outline of the State of Texas. Yep, there is a lot of yard here.

Finally, we got about three or four hundred traces of rain while I was cutting the grass...no measurable precipitation levels though.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, ROSES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment