Sunday, April 3, 2016

2016 - Day 94/272 - Sunday...

Yesterday on our way to lunch Jody and I took the long way into Georgetown via Jarrell, down Ronald Reagan Boulevard, a quiet drive less travelled. The object was to scope out some wildflowers without going too far. Just off the Interstate, there were lovely patches of Bluebonnets, Indian Paint, Purple Wine Cups and Primrose. The Bastard Cabbage is doing well again this year (damn those bastards), and we kept driving until we got to Highway 29 and turned off to go have lunch. Having scoped out the wildflowers, we went back after lunch and tried getting photos to commemorate the season. It is hard to take a selfie (or 35 or 40) with the sun at your back or glaring in your face, but you can pretty much get the drift of the occasion. Next time we will hire some paparazzi to tail us at every step, at least maybe the documentation will be better.

Today, as suspected, was a day of working around the house. The riding mower is not a healthy machine, and it has been taken into the repair shop in Georgetown. In order to take the mower in to the repair shop, I had to check the truck for squirrels. No squirrels, as evidenced by my use of a sturdy stick to poke around in their nest, removing as much of it as I could. With no riding mower, I was left with the walk-behind, and let's just say I got in my 10,000 steps today with no challenge.

I also got a lot of little things done (I am easily distracted), so all-in-all it was a really good day.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, STEPS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment