Wednesday, April 6, 2016

2016 - Day 97/269 - Wednesday...

I have NEVER claimed to be the brightest bulb in the package, and I am not a Star Trek fan (although I may have seen one of them once upon a time), but really, this just does not seem logical to me. First, if you are an ambulance driver and the lights are flashing and the sirens are screaming, why would you choose to get in the Interstate during rush hour traffic. I think it would make some sense if it was a part of the Interstate with shoulders on either side of the lane in which you were trying to traverse in a rapid fashion, but not (either) the upper or lower deck in the middle of Austin where there are NO SHOULDERS and traffic is proceeding at approximately 3 miles per hour. I think the service roads would be the smarter choice, but what do I know. And while we are at it, why can't I get other drivers near me to totally panic and crash into other vehicles when I am trying to go down the Interstate (in Austin, the Interstate is actually the Interregional Highway, but that is just a technicality). ANYWAY, it just contributes to spending more time on the highways during my daily commute, but it does afford me an opportunity to get current with the latest Facebook posts, my Twitter feed, a couple rounds of Words with Friends, and complete a couple phone calls, impersonating Miss Tomlin from the telephone company.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, HURRY, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment