Saturday, April 30, 2016

2016 - Day 121/245 - Saturday...

Welcome to the last day of April (already), 2016...

Today's letter is M. I have come to appreciate and to embrace the difference between 'manicuring' the lawn and 'mowing' the grass. I have never (maybe I did) really thought of myself as the lawn 'manicuring type. Okay, maybe when I was a kid growing up in Michigan, when I wanted my dad to appreciate the job I did, and thought I would cut the grass the way the did at Briggs Stadium in Detroit. I have to admit, I did a pretty good job. Not so much any more. I get as close to the trees and the flower beds as I can without actually trying too hard, and that is good enough. And then there are the chickens. Following along with today's theme, I wish they were smart enough to comprehend the connections between 'machinery' and 'mortality'. I don't think they can really grasp that, because there entire days are spent chasing bugs, and the riding lawn mower tends to stir up some bugs, and so they kind of associate 'machinery' with 'meals'. I fear one of these days, we will be one chicken short because there was a cricket or spider between the 'mower' and the 'meal'. We shall see. Until then, however, please enjoy this photo of a cactus blossom that is out front. It is about that time of year, and the cacti are covered with buds just waiting to burst forth.

Another night of PBS and the National Parks documentary. We are five nights in to this, and we can't turn back now. As far as I know, this will be the last night, and this is the reason that I very seldom get involved with serial television. I can very seldom make that kind of a commitment, so I just pass.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, THE M WORDS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment