Thursday, April 14, 2016

2016 - Day 105/261 - Thursday...

We have (adopted/adapted, I couldn't decide which one was appropriate) changed one of our habits regarding the care and feeding of the stray cats. We are no longer serving the dry food out on the back porch and/or leaving it out there 24/7. Having made that change seems to have discouraged the raccoon/possum (opossum) visits, and I cannot think of a single reason that that is a bad thing. I now fill up the dry cat food bowl when I get in from work, and the dry cat food bowl lives on the tail gate of the truck under the shed. Not sure what, but something is eating it. This grey cat and the Barney cat are pretty common fixtures, and here lately the grey cat (definitely a BOY) has been waiting for me to complete the pre-moist food ritual, which consists of me and the girl dog going to put the OTHER girls to bed for the night, then letting the girl dog out in the back so she can bark at the cat buffet that stays JUST out of reach on the other side of the gate, which absolutely drives the girl dog bonkers. While the girl dog is preoccupied, I am setting up a dish of moist cat food for the cat parade, and that it pretty much it for the night.

We are all creatures of habit.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CATS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment