Monday, April 18, 2016

2016 - Day 109/257 - Monday...

So far, we have all survived. Interestingly, we only received 2.79" of rain since my last report. That is nothing compared to some areas around us, reporting ten to fourteen inches of rain. It is still raining in Houston, and it is supposed to rain a little more here this evening. Right now there is about a half-inch of rain in the gauge, and we will take it. There was actually some sunshine today, between the rain and the clouds. There are lots of interesting things between here and the Interstate, and my daily commutes have taken a new path, based entirely on our county's casual attitude towards road maintenance. I won't mention the county for fear of retaliation, but the county's initials are Williamson County. They put dirt and six inch rocks on our road last week or so, and then they came (after a few days) with what I can only describe as a 'steam-roller', but I doubt those things still exist. Then the rains came, and it is like taking a slip & slide out to the other road. Then there is County Road 972, which they resurfaced (twice) in the last year or so. Twice because they couldn't get it right the first time. This time, they have dug up about 3 or 4 miles of the road to widen it, and that is another mud pit after the rains. But I digress...where was I? Oh yes, interesting things on the way to the Interstate. I am not sure if this is a llama or an alpaca, but we admire him every time we go down 1105. He is very attentive, and today I stopped to say hello to him, and asked permission to take a photo. He was not thrilled, but I did get a couple shots.

One good thing about the rains, traffic was pretty good this morning on the way in. I got word of a wreck in time to avoid it, and the entire drive took me just over an hour even though I added an extra ten miles to my commute.

SWEET!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, LLAMAS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment