Sunday, November 13, 2016

2016 - Day 318/48 - Sunday...

I was able to work a couple naps into the schedule today, but today proved mostly to be a day of getting chores done around the house. I got everything on my 'to-done' list accomplished, except for getting some grass cut. I did also add a few items to the list, so that was a good thing. I took three bales of hay out to the cattle late this morning. I had intended to only take two bales out to them, but the first bale pretty well disintegrated before I could get it to the hay ring, so that was just an extra one for them. They did not seem to mind, and they are certainly not starving, but we have PLENTY of hay; I expect we have at least three hundred round bales. With the rains we have had this year, EVERYONE has hay...so no one is looking for hay, and I am being very generous with the cattle. Since we are now officially in a La Nina period, I expect we will be needing hay in the coming months, and I will have more than we need. We may need to share some hay with the neighbors, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Otherwise, I enjoyed the day, just putzing around the property.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CATTLE, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment