Friday, November 18, 2016

2016 - Day 323/43 - Friday...

Last night I thought I was SOOOOO smug...I was staying in Austin because I had returned from San Antonio and I had a 6:30 appointment. Staying in Austin was the smart thing to do. I would be able to sleep in because my first appointment this morning was not until 10AM (guiding a class at ABoR), but I would sleep a little later and head to the board about 9 o'clock, just to be calm, cool and collected. And then it hit me. I did not have my book for the class. So, I got up early (earlier than I had anticipated), went into the office, did some power real estate, cleared my desk and went back to the board to conduct the class. The class was a good one, I had a lot of fun and I accomplished my goal; everyone in the class learned something! That all I can ask for, make sure there is some useful information imparted for those attending. After the class, I headed back to the office and got some more work done and headed home early.

When I got home, I cleaned up an area for the fire wood delivery we are expecting tomorrow morning. Never pass up a good load of oak and pecan firewood, especially if you can get them to deliver and stack it. I am trying to be smarter and not work harder in my old age.

AND, if you do not have any plans for the weekend (Sunday particularly), might I suggest you consider attending the Austin Empty Bowl Project? It is an annual deal, I have been a long time participant, and it is really (another) very worthwhile community effort in Austin. Go to www.austinemptybowl.org and get all the details. I hope you will try to make it. If you do, you will want to make it one of your new traditions.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, GUIDING, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment