Friday, February 17, 2017

2017 - Day 48/317 - Friday...

I am relatively certain that most of you loyal legion of followers can readily recognize the main subject of this photograph. For those of you that cannot easily identify the object, it is a urinal. I am not a scholar on the subject, but the root word of the word urinal might just be urine. Not sure, but maybe. I have really never had the intricacies of a urinal explained to me, but I honestly believe it is a eases a need for American men to discard liquid waste when confronted with that need in a public place. Public not necessarily meaning an 'open place' or a place 'out in the open'. There are walls and trees if needed in that circumstance. No, urinals are generally found in buildings that have visitors; a place of public accommodation. A public building. An office building. Perhaps a place of commerce. That kind of place. I happened to visit just such a building yesterday, and happened to be in need of visiting the men's room. They are very proud of the alleged sustainability of our natural resources by having installed this particular urinal. The little sign above the urinal exclaims in great delight (and with graphics that should not be confused with directions to construct a chest-of-drawers purchased at Ikea) that you should press the top button to dispose of 'liquid' waste, and you should press the bottom button to dispose of 'solid' waste. In all my 65 years, I have rarely come upon solid waste in a urinal, save for a vacation to California in our 1965 Buick Sport Wagon, which, during the trip, we had reason to stop at a variety of service stations in and around Flagstaff. So, for posterity, I found it necessary to return to the men's room to document the placard for posterity. You are welcome. And, I failed to give proper recognition to the senders of the fabulous socks that I told you about in last nights journal entry. They were from our friends Joe Mac and Carolyn, who live on the Mississippi Coast, and Carolyn reported that that had just as much fun shopping for them as I will have wearing them. And I wore flamingos today. Deeds, Actions, Changes, URINALS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment