Sunday, February 26, 2017

2017 - Day 57/308 - Sunday...

I have to admit, I am feeling somewhat accomplished today. Now if I could just get better. I got the chicken coop cleaned out, the high temperatures were in the mid 60s today, so there is a fire in the stove for Jody. Cut grass in the front and back, took three (it's a long story) bales of hay to the cattle, I went to the Urgent Care thing in Georgetown on the way to dinner, and then stopped at Walgreen's on the way home to get a couple prescriptions filled. AND, we got 0.23" of rain this afternoon. So, all in all not a bad day, now if the new drugs would kick in, I would be all better and REALLY accomplished. I may have mentioned this to you all before, but chickens are stupid. I am relatively resigned to the fact that one day or another I will run over one of them when I am cutting the grass. They do not understand that machinery is bigger (and stronger and quicker) than they are. They have only one ambition in life, and that is to get the bug that is RIGHT IN FRONT of the lawn tractor. Nothing will stop them. Well, something may stop them, but so far my reflexes have equalled (if not exceeded) theirs. I am not sure how long that can last, neither I or the the chickens are getting any younger. Deeds, Actions, Changes, CATTLE, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment