Thursday, February 23, 2017

2017 - Day 54/311 - Thursday...

I I really do like the Texas Mountain Laurel. It was my introduction to allergies when I first moved to Texas. I remember it very clearly. I was doing block walking for a city council candidate, and as I walked past them, I would take a deep sniff. They (to me) smell like Grape Bubble Gum. Sniff after sniff after sniff after sniff. And then two or three days later, I could no longer breathe. That was also my first memory of becoming a mouth-breather. Texas Mountain Laurels and I have a long and disturbing history, a kind of symbiotic relationship. A history of abuse, that I cannot remove myself from. So far this season, I have been strong, and I have been able to resist the temptation of the flora seduction. I know it is just a matter of time before I fold and cave in to the disreputable fascination I have for this green and purple mess. The only thing that has saved me so far (I expect) is that I have such a severe case of allergies already, that I cannot smell anything and that fact makes sniffing even more of a useless experience. But we shall see what next week brings. Deeds, Actions, Changes, LAURELS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment