Friday, April 8, 2011

2011 - Day Ninety Eight; Friday...

Today is Friday, thank the Deity of your choice. If you think about it, you and I have lived our entire lives for this day. This glorious day was preceded by a few difficult days, but all in all, I am thankful for everyday, each in its' own way, good or bad. Actually, in my old age, I have become more thankful for Fridays and Saturdays since it really means that I get to sleep in a bit. That is a habit I have begun to take full advantage of (and savor) only in the past several months, maybe the past year. I really like sleeping...

We prepped today for the REALTOR visits to the Capitol (pretty sure 'ol' is appropriate in this case) which will be on Tuesday. I will be a team leader for a visit to one of our Travis County delegations, and we are all well prepared. Tuesday will be another long day, but it will really be very worthwhile! I really enjoy the activism that we are all a part of as REALTORS, and our causes benefit property owners rights as well as our own. A great group of people.

Back in February, the Austin Board of REALTORS was honored for a series of classes I wrote a year or so back. The Board was given the award for the Education Program of the Year in the Legal Category, and today I was given a copy of the award by the Board because I wrote the classes. Very nice. It comes in a lovely deep blue velvet box, and a part of me was secretly wishing that is was a bottle of Crown Royal, but I am happy with the copy of the award. Kind of like a cenotaph, I got a copy of the award, but the Board owns the course. I am not really buried here, just honored with a plague! Whatever...I don't think that came out right, but I mean it in the nicest possible way. I could really use the Crown Royal right now!

Tomorrow I have a listing presentation and a Buyer's representation presentation, so that will keep me occupied for a while. I have made all the preparations, so I think I have everything I need If not, I will have time to either get it done from here, or stop at the office on the way. These clients were referred to me by previous clients that I represented as a Buyer's agent. Referrals are always nice, and I try to do my best for all involved. Thanks Tim and Jennifer! On the way home, I am going to stop by a vacant property that is under contract and take a look at it for property management. I think it will be a really nice home to add to our property management portfolio, and the Buyer of the property is very nice. She was referred to us by one of my colleagues (thanks Judith), and it is always nice to be referred to prospective clients.

You can also expect an update from the Dairy Queen where Jody and I will be enjoying a Hot Fudge Sundae. After that, we are going to make a stop at Hobby Lobby to pick up some wooden eggs to put in the chickens nesting boxes. I looked it up on the Internet today, and it seems it is not unusual for chickens to eat and/or just crush eggs in the nest, but the 'nesting eggs' are supposed to help deter that. I need to take a couple classes in chicken psychology.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, HILL PREP, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment