Saturday, April 9, 2011

2011 - Day Ninety Nine; Saturday...

Last night after I finished my entry, I went out into the back yard and was kicking some dead grass around (I had on my pink fake Croc knock-offs, not boots) and this snake was coiled up under the dry grass. It stayed coiled but of course that did not make for a good picture, so I had to provoke it with a long stick. No rattles, but I really do not know what kind of a snake it is. I know it was a scary kind, and if you heard any high-pitched shrieking, that was me.

Stayed in bed until after 7 this morning; does not mean I was asleep, just stayed in bed. When I got up and finished my routines (rituals? OCD stuff?) and made a nice egg loaf. Once we finished that, it was time for me to get started getting ready to head into town. I had a very nice appointment with a couple that are going to put their property on the market for sale and then purchase a new home. They are just starting their family, so they want to be settled in their new home before the joyous occasion. VERY NICE, it would be a pleasure working with them; I will know in a couple days. On the way home, I stopped to survey a possible management property. Again, a very nice home, recently renovated and updated, so there is not much that needs to be done for this property to have happy new tenants. A great location too.

Once I got home, I emptied the rest of the gasoline from the tank into the riding lawn mower, went and let the chickens loose and put the empty gas and diesel tanks into the truck. A few weeks ago I bought a hundred dollars worth of gas and diesel, and did the same thing today. Between the truck, tractor and lawnmowers, we go through a lot of gasoline and diesel. Just the way it is.

We stopped (of course) at the Dairy Queen in Georgetown, and our friend Minga gave us a little 'extra' helping of hot fudge and whipped cream. Good to know the folks, and it is really fun to see them regularly. It is not hurting my waist (or waste) line too much either! After we left the Dairy Queen, we went to Hobby Lobby to get some wooden eggs to put in the chickens nesting boxes. We hope this will keep them from crushing and eating their eggs. I had been trying to blame it on anything EXCEPT the chickens, but I am pretty much resigned to the fact that they are crushing and eating their own eggs, and it seems to not be such an extraordinary occurrence. Hope these fake eggs will help, we will know soon. We got five eggs from the girls today, so that is good, they seem to be doing well.

The fence guy (Ira) finished on side of the pasture this afternoon, so I moved the cattle to the other pasture, and they are all very happy. Fresh green grasses, the are all excited, and the calves are all playing and happy. Lots of running and jumping and messing around. Even Violet (our first born) was jumping and playing. The two newest calves (pictured here) are just about the prettiest things you could ever imagine. The Monday calf is absolutely gorgeous. I think he is going to be named Karl Kowling in honor of our assistant at the office who was celebrating her birthday the same day the calf was born. Kool!

Beautiful sunset this evening, not the most spectacular we have ever seen, but a beautiful one none the less. I like the way the clouds are accented here. It is still REALLY windy, and tomorrow I am going to have to secure the tin roof over one of the cattle sheds, if it lasts until tomorrow. There is only so much you can do in one day. I have a list of chores to try and get accomplished tomorrow, and WEEDING (do you hear that Mikey?) is one of the things on the list.

Good Night!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, FRESH GRASS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment