Tuesday, April 12, 2011

2011 - Day One Hundred Two: Tuesday...

Last night, I went out after publishing my entry, and took a photo on these Amaryllis that are blooming in one of the front beds. Many of the Amaryllis we have here (really only about three or four now) were given to us by friends, particularly Joe Mac and Carolyn. Since we have just a little history of moving now and then (I am a Texas REALTOR) we have planted Amaryllis at SEVERAL different properties, and they are always beautiful once the naturalize and bloom. Very, very nice!

Today was a very interesting and very rewarding day. It was the annual REALTOR visits to Capitol Hill, and the day was a tremendous success. Great successes like these are not easily achieved, and most of the credit lies with the Government Affairs and Political Action Committee staff at the Austin Board of REALTORS. They all (Earl, Christina and Anna) did a great job preparing us and tutoring us on the issues that we presented to our elected officials, and we were warmly received. This photo is of me, my business partner Carrie and our great agent Chris. There were REALTORS from all across the State, and it was a wonderful grass roots effort.

This is a photo of me at the Capitol, and I am just throwing this one in because I like the photo, and it is my journal, so a little bit of this self-aggrandizement is to be expected. A big shout-out to another valuable ABoR staffer Kate for taking the photo. I expect there are a lot of photos floating around right now, and I would be happy to be the recipient of any you might like to share.

I attended several sessions with our State Representatives or their counsel of Chiefs of Staff. After all, the legislature is in session, and we have a tremendous number of really important issues that need to be decided this session, including our looming budget deficit. My groups met with representatives for Representative Elliott Naishtat, Representative Mark Strama, and Senator Kirk Watson.

The highlight of MY day was being the Team-Leader for State Representative Donna Howard, one of the most endearing and delightful people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. She is truly an asset to her constituents and is certainly a friend to REALTORS in her District.

Our day ended with a meeting with freshman Representative Paul Workman, and he was very candid with us about his learning the ropes during this session, and his earnest efforts to make sure all his decisions are for the benefit of all.

A truly enlightening day for all involved. My thanks to everyone that had a part in this annual event, and I hope to be a part of it again next year.

So, even though my Hill Visit was pretty exciting, there was fun stuff happening on the home front as well! Miguel came out today and started (and almost finished) our new path from the front of the house to the front barn and chicken coop. Can't really tell much about it right now, but I am thinking it is going to be pretty darned nice. Photos tomorrow or the next day. We got three eggs from the girls today, and there maybe one or two more, but we are not really sure why the production has decreased in the last week. Maybe they are just going through a phase. We shall see...

Deeds, Actions, Changes, HILL VISITS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment