Thursday, April 28, 2011

2011 - Day One Hundred Eighteen; Thursday...

When there is nothing going on in your life that is really that interesting to the millions and millions of fans that read your daily saga, posting a photo of the dog is always a crowd-pleaser.

Had a really nice time this morning/afternoon at the Austin Chapter of the Women's Council of REALTORS monthly luncheon and Cake Auction. $3,000 Was raised for TREPAC, and the cake I proffered earned $250. Not too shabby! I won the only pie that was entered in the cake auction, and it included four tickets to a Round Rock Express game with seats behind home plate. We have been fortunate enough to enjoy those sets in the past, and it is a BLAST! Always a good time. Thanks to Jim and Pam for the entry!

After that, I had a meeting at the Board and then headed off to CostCo. I have decided that everyone is in a hurry, and life would be really much simpler if everyone would just leave a little earlier. Patience is a virtue (one of which I do not normally claim), BUT if I ever want to get on my 'holier than thou' smugness attitude, I just go to CostCo or the Post Office. Both of those destinations are exercises in patience, and the more patience you display, the more smugness you have the right to display. EXAMPLE: When the herd is grazing up and down the aisles, exclaim 'Pardon me but while you are grazing could you move your cart to the side?'. It really never achieves the desired reaction because on one in CostCo knows what 'grazing' is, and really I do not have time to educate the great unwashed. I am aware that I was being totally witty and quite the bon-vivant, and that is enough for me!

Whatever...

Deeds, Actions, Changes, PATIENCE FER GOD'S SAKE, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment