Friday, April 22, 2011

2011 - Day One Hundred Twelve; Friday...

It really has been a Good Friday. Leading up to Easter Weekend, it has been a really nice day. Traffic on the way to work was very light even though I left about an hour-and-a-half later than usual. I was thinking I might do that more often, then I realized it was the start of a Holiday. That had the effect of taking the joy out of sleeping late. Whatever...

Once I got to work, it was really quiet. I needed to take care of some errands,and it was a good thing that I called ahead, because one of the stops I needed to make closed this afternoon at 2 o'clock. I left the office about 10 and ran errands and was back in the office by about 11:30.

One of the stops was to Buck Moore Feeds on North Lamar. My intention had been to buy four more chicks and the man there (John) and his wife (Dejah) turned out to be clients, and his grandfather was Buck. Small world. Anyway, the info turned out that I will be waiting to buy more chicks until they have some different varieties (probably in about a month or six weeks), and I am looking forward to getting some chicks that lay teal-blue eggs. That will be fun and interesting. I did buy some organic layer mash and a watering device that will give the chickens water automatically. That will be a big help! More chick news as it develops.

I did find out that the reason the wooden eggs (nest eggs) keep the chickens from breaking their own eggs is, once the try cracking the wooden eggs and find out they can't crack them, they think that is true of ALL eggs, so they just lose interest in cracking the eggs. True is stranger than fiction!

We all met up for lunch at El Chile on Barton Springs Road for a lunch to celebrate Tom's fourth anniversary with our company. We are all really happy to have Tom as a part of our team, and he is a tremendous asset to us and everyone around him. Thanks, Tom. I ordered the Chile Relleno, and it was DELICIOUS! During lunch we let Tom and Karla know that we were closing the office early and that after lunch, all they needed to do was close the office. Weird, but I left around two o'clock and Tom and Karla, Carrie, Chris and Toni were all still there.

Traffic on the way home was A BEAR and I don't know what the trouble was, but there was plenty of it, and it went on forever. Never did see the reasons for any of the back-ups, but, contrary to whatever Triple-A is reporting, there are plenty of folks on the road this weekend.

Once I got home, I went down for a nap on the couch. SWEET!

We got five eggs from the girls this afternoon, and all seems to be going nicely for them.

Konrad is sending a class out to the house tomorrow to check hives and extract some honey. That will be fun.

Gonna try and get the grass cut in the front yard this evening; if we don't get any rain, there will be no reason to cut the grass, it will all be burnt up.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CHILE RELLENOS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment