Friday, April 1, 2011

2011 - Day Ninety One; Friday...

This entry is going to be totally, 100% about Jody because today is his birthday. Pause, pause, pause. Okay, well this entry is going to be MOSTLY about Jody because today is his birthday. Ummmmm... Jody will be mentioned several times in the journal entry, because today is his birthday. Delay, delay, delay... I will give Jody a few mentions in this journal entry today, because it is his birthday. AND, as he is well aware (because I have told him at least a couple times) his birthday is not necessarily ALL about him. It is about the people (many, many, many) who love him and share him in their lives. AND it is kind of about me, because I have really enjoyed gathering up the tasty treats that WE are sharing together. Okay, all together now...HAPPY BIRTHDAY JODY!

What do you get the person who professes to want nothing? Well, I have that totally figured out. A HIPPO-NONYMOUS. I was going to get him a GIANT sized Hippo from Hutto, but they weigh 750 pounds, and the delivery arrangements were getting a little bit convoluted. THEN I thought I would get him the medium-sized HUTTO HIPPO (they weigh in at 250 pounds or so, which was actually manageable if I could find one more person to help me), but I decided on the five-pound-cute-as-a-bug Hippo with attitude. So, it is perfect, and Jody is being non-committal about the whole thing. BUT, it is cute, you have to admit it.

After last nights work-up to the actual birthday (remember Sugar Mama's?), I headed off to Sweetish Hill and got several sweetie delights. He will be immersed in sweets for breakfast, lunch and dinner for at least a day or two. As Jody is known to say, life is short, have dessert first. These are the packages of sweets that we will be working our way through for the next couple days. Yummy!

When I arrived at the office this morning, there was this '48 Plymouth (okay, it started out as a '48 Plymouth, I have no idea what it is now), and this is a photo of the taillights. I have another picture of its' grill work and I posted that to my FaceBook page if you happen to get a chance to go by it. Very interesting. There must be some kind of car-show happening in Austin this weekend, because there have been lots and lots of really interesting antique cars on the roads, from the days when you could tell the year, make and model just by looking at them. Everything looks the same these days. Tomorrow we have some errands to run, feed to get, spoilers to eat, haircut for me, this-and-that, and then we are going to have a birthday dinner for Jody at our friends Michael and Lynda's home. Lamb. Yummy!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY DEAR, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment