Thursday, March 31, 2011

2011 - Day Ninety; Thursday...

Well, all I can say is, this strawberry is a goner. I have been meaning to eat it for the last several mornings, but when I go out to get the paper (and do my obsessive compulsive retentive chores) it is dark and I don't think about it. So, this afternoon when I was going out to give the chickens fresh water, I could not resist it. Such is the life of a strawberry. How SWEET it WAS!

I left the office about 3 o'clock this afternoon, and stopped at SUGAR MAMA's just down the street from our office. Tomorrow is Jody's birthday, so I am working up to it. These are small personal sized pies; one is Key Lime and the other is Chocolate Cream and we split them. Jody has already had his, and mine is sitting on the table beckoning to me. They are alluring 'sireens' just like in the required reading in college. Now I need to come up with something for tomorrow. I can do this!

I went out to check on the cattle after I watered the chickens, and Mimi is really boycotting me. I did not take the Mule into the pastures, I parked it outside, but when she saw me approaching, she hauled it to the back of the pasture and was taking her calf with her. This is a picture of the two calves and their mamas, heading AWAY from me. It is enough to give me a complex! In the picture, Monday's calf is on the left (mostly white) and Tuesday's calf is next (mostly black). Monday's calf is fair of face, Tuesday's calf is full of grace...

I am getting my car back tomorrow afternoon, and I am happy about that. I really do like that car, and all the things it stands for. The engineers from Detroit were not able to replicate the problem in another Volt, so they believe it may have been an issue with my car only. They have also reported that no other car has had that problem reported, so we shall see. I can tell you one thing, I am VERY HAPPY with Covert Chevrolet in Hutto. Thanks to all of the staff there for making this process as painless as they can, and for going out of their way to be accommodating to me. If you guys know me at all, you know that is not the easiest thing to do.

Tomorrow will be another day!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, ALMOST A BIRTHDAY, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment