Thursday, March 24, 2011

2011 - Day Eighty Three; Thursday...

Today really just confirmed a few things that I was already aware of, but not always conscious of. I am the luckiest man in the world. I have a wonderful partner, significant other, soul-mate, whatever label you would like to put on him, feel free. I am also surrounded by wonderful and caring people in my office no matter if it is staff or colleagues, they are all the best. Not second best, or third best, they are ALL the BEST. They make my life easy, and make me feel important. I hope they think I make them feel appreciated, because they are all very much appreciated. I would be nothing without all the people that I have surrounded myself with, and i hope they are all aware.
I had a few calls today from my Chevrolet dealer (they are very nice). The first call said that they had continued the conversations with Detroit, and that Detroit (they entire city, obviously) had decided to replace the electric power steering motor in my car. BUT, there are no spare parts for these cars, and it would be just a couple weeks before we would schedule that appointment. No problem. The next call I had said that the engineers of the car from Detroit will be driving down to Texas with the part and that they will be personally replacing the part on my car. So, I think I will be there for the installation, and to use this as a bonding experience with the engineers from General Motors. I actually think that is pretty cool, and I will let you know how this whole thing works out. I also told the service man at the dealership that I was really not in the mood to pay for gasoline in a 'guzzler' loaner, and that I think Chevrolet needs to rethink that. I purchased the car (and took on a car payment for the first time in MANY years) so I would not have to put hundreds of dollars worth of fossil fuels in my vehicle of choice on a regular basis. That is my story and I am stickin' to it.

This is a photo of the wisteria plant that I found up by the road yesterday. Interestingly neither Jody or I were aware that the plant was there, but now that we know it, we will do our best to nurture it. We have big plans for this plant over the weekend, and I will provide you with photographic documentation of the proceedings in the Saturday edition of this journal.

Last night while Jody and I were sitting out on the porch, we had several fun observations of our Owl that is nesting in one of the trees between the house and the road. Once he/she (we still imagine that it is a female) went and caught some sort of varmint in the neighbors pasture, and then he/she came down for water in one of the troughs I have out for the bees. Really beautiful, and we are very pleased that she is comfortable around us and know that we are not interested in harming her.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, WISTERIA, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!~

No comments:

Post a Comment