Monday, March 28, 2011

2011 - Day Eighty Seven; Monday...

Well, this entry had intended to be about chickens and their growing orneryness since the time has changed and the days are getting longer BUT I will save that for another day.

I got home kind of early this afternoon, and immediately sat down in front of the tv to watch Jeopardy with Jody. And that generally puts me into nap-mode, which it did today. Once I regained consciousness, Jody and I watched some of the news (until I determined I had had enough), and I got up to check my e-mail. There were five chickens on the porch looking in the door, so I thought I would see if they could be lured into their pen with some food, but that was a no-go. I came back in and looked out the back window towards the pastures, and I saw what looked like a smaller and whiter speck back there than what I am used to seeing. I asked Jody if I had time before dinner and he said I did, so I bundled up (it is in the 60's here today, kind of chilly) and headed toward the back pasture.

Sure enough along the way I counted twelve cattle instead of the eleven that I counted yesterday. It seems my note of the 'waxy-residue' and 'big bags' was true, and Moo Unit (daughter of Mimi's Moonbeam) had a calf just a few hours ago. Not sure if it is a bull or heifer calf (hoping for a heifer) but I will tell you this; IT SHORE IS PURTY! Almost solid white and just beautiful. There is nothing whiter than the white of a new calf, just beautiful. I hope you enjoy these two photos, and tomorrow we will be back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, NEW CALF, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment