Tuesday, March 1, 2011

2011 - Day Sixty; Tuesday...

Believe it or not, it is the first day of March already, and I have not even thought about starting my Christmas shopping yet. HOWEVER, if you have made a start in that direction, give me a call, I have a few things on my list you could pick up for me!

We had a nice Strategic Planning meeting in the office this morning, and we had invited James from the Austin Board to come out and tell us about all the services that SUPRA can provide to us just because we are members. There are an incredible amount of services that are provided to us as Board Members, but finding out about them and then figuring out how best to use all those services can be a problem. There are only so many hours in a day!

After the meeting, Carrie, Pat and I went across the street to the South Austin Trailer Park and Eatery and visited the 'Man Bites Dog' trailer for mediocre (at best) wieners. It is a pretty nice setting though, and it was a beautiful spring-like day in Austin, so it was very nice to have lunch al-fresco. Fun! And while we were there, there was a camera crew from KXAN (or maybe KEYE) taking the typical artsy-fartsy camera angle shots of folks having lunch and texting or otherwise refraining from actual conversations with their table mates. SO, I thought it would be interesting to take a photo of the photographers. Not exactly like the old Norman Rockwell life studies, but good enough for an amateur. One of the women at the table seemed to take objection to my photographing them, maybe she thought I was still taking pictures of women's feet. Regardless, if you know any of the folks in this photo, do not tell them I have posted it because I DO NOT have their permission.

Thanks!

Any ideas about what you can do with 700 eggs? Most likely tomorrow (unless we have an extremely bad egg day) we will collect our 700th egg from the girls, and tomorrow will also be 23 weeks that we have been getting eggs. So, if you want me to do the math for you (I will anyway) that averages out to over 30 eggs per week from these six chickens. I think that is pretty darn good myself. And they are relatively easy to care for, and folks really appreciate the free eggs. I know for sure that Jody and I consume more eggs than we used to, and I have ALWAYS liked eggs. So, it is a good thing because we now have PLENTY o' eggs!

Jody and our friend Lynda ventured to Llano today to see the Eagles nest that has been an attraction in that area for several years. They were lucky enough to see the Eaglet in the nest, and they also got to see one of the adults (not sure if it was mama or papa). It is really a big deal to be able to see Eagles here, and it reminds me of the trip we took to Alaska, and were saw THOUSANDS of Bald Eagles there, but we never tired of seeing them. Incredibly amazing creatures. Beautiful!

Once I got home from work, I watered all the transplanted Iris and watered what I hope will be another stand of morning glories. I may need to get a few more seeds to sprinkle into the ground just to supplement the returning plants. They were absolutely stunning last year, and I want another performance this year. I LOVE MORNING GLORIES!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, WIENERS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment