Friday, March 4, 2011

2011 - Day Sixty Three; Friday...

Self-medication is a good thing. I am feeling better today. I started to say I was feeling 'much' better, but then that would have been a stretch. Last night I decided to do whatever it took to sleep without coughing all night long. Ambien, Excedrin PM, NyQuil, a glass-and-a-half of wine at two Popsicles did the trick. I had a very comfortable nights sleep, and I was up for almost a half-hour this morning before my first cough. A repeat is in store for this evening, and I am adding the Vick's Vapo-Rub to the feet and covered up with socks routine. Our friends in Mississippi (the Franklin's) sent us an e-mail a while back that said if you rub Vick's Vapo-Rub on your feet when you go to bed, the soothing relief will be absorbed through your feet and make everything better. I had passed that idea on to a friend who reminded me today that it works, and I am looking forward to it tonight. AND, I get to sleep a little while extra tomorrow morning!

Today was Karla's (our Administrative Goddess) one-year Anniversary with our company, so we went out for lunch at Shady Grove. It was extra shady, because it has been grey and overcast most of the day, BUT, we did get to sit out on the patio, which was convenient for me because in the open-air I had lees chance of contaminating people around me. Not sure if I am still contagious (or if I was contagious) but there was no reason to take any chances. Now, I am CERTAIN that I have been contagious in the past (ask if you must) but for this episode, not sure about it. I am looking forward however, to feeling even better tomorrow, and continuing my recovery. This is a photo taken at Shady Grove...sometimes it is difficult to take a nice photograph in a public place...people are so weird these days, and folks never know what you are going to do with those photos. I guess I don't really blame them, you can never be too careful.

Okay, speaking of weird, on the way home (I really mean back to the office), Toni remarked to Karla that her purse was HUGE which brought about a discussion of all the stuff in Karla's purse. WELL...she absolutely refused to allow me to just take a picture of the contents of her purse, but she did make available this pair of 'Buzz Lightyear' underwear that obviously belong to one of her kids. I doubt that if I pulled the same pair of underwear out of my brief case I would be able to 'explain-it-away' as easily as Karla did. AND THEN there was a HUGE discussion of how I should not publish a photo of children's underwear in this journal; that after having gone a full-month of pretending I was the 'women's shoe of the day' official web-site. Interesting how we form opinions of things.

Once I got home (I left the office about 2:15 thinking I would come home and go back to bed) I had a few things to do, one of which was to go out and 'free-the-chickens'. We gathered three eggs today, and this is a picture of Vera (WELL STARE!) sitting in one of the boxes getting ready to perform. In just a few minutes, she was out and scratching around, and I went in and gathered the eggs. They are happy chickens!

Later in the afternoon, Pauline came by and brought us home made cookies, fig preserves, dill pickles and canned tomatoes. YUMMY. I think the fig tree in the front has partially bit the dust, and I will need to trim it back tomorrow. AND I have to plant the cantaloupe and watermelons tomorrow as well. We have plenty to do tomorrow, but I am confident that we will have time to work in a trip to Dairy Queen as well.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BUZZ LIGHTYEAR, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment