Sunday, March 20, 2011

2011 - Day Seventy Nine; Sunday...

Before...this is what this particular area up by the road looked like this morning when Miguel and I started working on it. About two hours later, it looked (to me) much better. I know everyone does not like things to have a manicured look, and that is certainly not what I am trying to achieve, but I do like things around the farm to at least look as if they are 'looked after' and not just left to grow wild. We also trimmed under the willow tree up by the road (another instance of a planting that is not native to this area) and we also dug reservoirs around the four fruit trees at the road (planted in a really awful spot if you are trying to maintain them) and reservoirs around all the pecan trees (six more examples of being planted in a place that is not the greatest). Then we (okay Miguel) cleaned out the water tank and got it flowing nicely, and we watered all the trees.

This is what the area looks like after the work. In between times, Jody and I headed to Georgetown for hot-fudge sundaes, and then back. Miguel and I fed the cattle and started to clean out the feed shed, but we really did not make a lot of progress on that. I was out there pretty steady from 8 in the morning until after four o'clock this afternoon (except for the hot-fudge break), and I know we did a lot of work, but it does not look like it. There is a lot of stuff that 'needs-done' around here!

The chickens were in a disagreeable mood most of the day. Jody and I were heading off to Thorndale for dinner tonight, and I tried to get them in their pen about five, and they were not at all interested, so I left them to their own devices, and when we got home, they were all on their roost. I had no question that they would go in their coop when they were ready, I was just concerned about predators having them trapped in their coops. But everything turned out just fine.

We had a nice dinner in Thorndale, and we were joined by Chris ( one of our agents) and we all had a nice visit. On the way home, I was looking at a wisteria vine in front of a house on Highway 79 and drifted over onto the shoulder. I hit those little divot things in the pavement that is to warn you that you are crossing over onto the shoulder, and steered back onto the road. AND MY POWER STEERING WENT OUT! Crazy! So, instead of doing the chores I was intending to do tomorrow morning, I will be visiting the dealer and getting that fixed. I assume a hose vibrated off and lost the hydraulic fluid for the power steering. Not a good sign, does not make me feel comfortable that if you roll over that 'vibrating thing' on the side of the road, things fall apart or come loose on your car. We will see what the have to say in the morning.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, POWER STEERING ISSUES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment