Tuesday, April 5, 2011

2011 - Day Ninety Five; Tuesday...

Really, it is only Tuesday? It seems like it should be Friday already, or maybe one day next week. It seems like yesterday was a really long time ago! Even though I got home around 5:30 this afternoon, it seemed like I was home early, since there was really nothing I had to do to get ready for 'tomorrow'. But, I guess we are really always getting ready for what ever is next. And so it goes... Today was really a nice and rewarding day. It started off really early, but I was sleeping so comfortably, I did not get up until 5:30, and then I was kind of rushing around because I really needed to leave the house by 6:30. I needed to get to the office before I headed to my first appointment, which was in (what used to be considered) far south Austin, even though it was less than ten miles from my office. It was really a cinch getting there, but I was early (as usual) because I can never take traffic for granted. I always build in some time for uncertainties.

After that, I was back in the office by 10, and left around 10:30 to head to a meeting that was starting at 11. BUT, this was a meeting that I called, so we had the meeting at DART BOWL, which is a really neat place for a change of pace. Out of about 15 members of this particular committee, eight showed up for this meeting. There is no shame in not being able to attend a meeting, but this one was actually a lot of fun. We got some work done, we had lunch and then we went and bowled a game. This is a picture of the group AFTER the meeting. This place makes the BEST enchiladas (for one thing), but all the food was good. It was like a dinner we all had when we were kids. I have not been to this place in ALMOST ten years. I celebrated my 50th birthday at DART BOWL, and I will be 60 in December. I think just maybe a repeat is in order. Anyway, this is a photo of (from the bottom left and going clock-wise) Chris, Susan, Karen, Socar, Deborah, Me, Sytha and Dolise.

This is a photo of those of us that bowled. Socar and Karen had to leave, but the rest of us stayed for bowling. At least I broke 100. It has been a LONG LONG time since I bowled, but we all had a blast. In this photo are (from left to right) Sytha, Deborah, Me, Susan, Dolise and Chris. I am the one in the really un-natural position, but it was fun, and again, we all had a blast. If you ever want to have a fun time, I highly recommend it. Unfortunately, I think I strained something that I cannot really discuss on a family oriented journal. Use your imagination. I will recover, though.

After dinner tonight, Jody and I went out to look at the work the fellows we hired are doing on some of our pasture fences. They are doing a GREAT job, and I am very happy with it. They know exactly what they are doing, and I am delighted that they are getting that one run of fence fixed. Jody got five eggs from the girls, and there was another broken egg. I think maybe that one chicken has some sort of a vitamin or nutrient deficiency. I need to check that out.

I wonder what tomorrow will bring? I wonder if I am prepared? Does anyone really know what time it is?

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BOWLING FRIENDS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment