Wednesday, April 13, 2011

2011 - Day One Hundred Three; Wednesday...

A wonderful day in the neighborhood. I was given the unique opportunity to sit in the office for several hours today, and got several things accomplished. Touched a lot of things, was able to make progress on projects, got everything finished up for a listing appointment in the late afternoon, attended a meeting and generally just had a wonderful day.

Once I got home, I visited with Jody for a little while, and headed off to one of the pastures to check on the cattle's water. The trough where the cattle are now is not shutting off properly (problem with the float), so instead of wasting water (probably about 20 gallons a day) I had shut the water off, and wanted to make sure they had water. The pasture they are in has a tank that STILL has water in it, so there is not a concern they will die of dehydration, it is simply that these giant Chihuahuas prefer city water over muddy water in a big mud-hole on the ground. What were you expecting? While I was messing around with the float, Orchid decided to come over and investigate, and I took the opportunity to take this photo. Doodle bug decided to come over a little later, but I was not prepared camera wise, but I think the photo of Orchid is wonderful.

Here is another photo of one of the Iris, one of the more interesting Iris too. When you are just looking at this particular plant, the blooms ALMOST look like they are black or dark grey. With the flash on the camera, it shows the real color which is a dark burgundy color, very pretty. I have plenty more photos of interesting and exotic Iris around the property, I just do not want to totally bore you to death with them; I will save that for a little later.

This is a photo of the path Miguel is putting in between where one path ends and the yard begins. I expect we could have easily just not messed with it and worn a path in the grass, but that would not have been acceptable to me, I think a nice cottage path is definitely more inviting than a long dead place in the grass. AND OF COURSE the chickens had to get in on the act. Yesterday we got three eggs, today we got five. Since we put the nest eggs in the nesting boxes, we have not had any more crushed eggs, and the eggs we have been getting have been cleaner. AND they have left much of the hay and grass in the nesting boxes instead of IMMEDIATELY scratching it out onto the floor of the coop. Of course, since I am bragging on them now, there will be crushed eggs and no hay in the boxes tomorrow. We shall see...

Deeds, Actions, Changes, WATERY COWS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment