Friday, May 5, 2017

2017 - Day 125/240 - Friday...

Happy Cinco de Mayo, y'all. I have only lived in Texas for a little more than 30 years, and honestly, I never heard about Cinco de Mayo until I moved here. And it is not about mayonnaise, either. It is not about ships hitting a reef and losing their cargo of salad dressing either. Cinco de Mayo is a celebration held on May 5th. The date is observed to commemorate the Mexican Army's unlikely victory over French forces at the battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862, under the leadership of General Ignacio Zaragoza. Just today (what a coincidence) there was a park redone and a plaque unveiled at Zaragoza Park in Austin. Good Job! It was a good day today, and it is Friday as well, so there is nothing to complain about on those two facts. I led a good class this morning at the south office, and that was a lot of fun. I always enjoy that. And I got some of my hairs cut this afternoon, and that was a good thing too. I expect to cut a little bit of grass tomorrow, and take copious naps on at least two occasions. I have some prep to do for another class I am guiding next week, and that should not take a terribly long amount of time, and it is something I really enjoy, that makes it okay. Deeds, Actions, Changes, CINCO DE MAYO, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment