Wednesday, May 17, 2017

2017 - Day 137/228 - Wednesday...

Years ago, I was asked what I was looking forward to after some of my volunteer responsibilites were completed: I did not have to think about that question for very long, I knew exactly what I wanted. I was looking forward to laughing again. I am a great laugher. I love laughing until I cry. I like doubling over and laughing until I start coughing and choking and I think my head will explode. I laughed a lot tonight. Laughing is one of my most appreciated talents (by me) and I think it is a really under-appreciated exercise for most people. Laughing is good, and I think I probably added a couple years to my life tonight. I thank all the people that were part of the evening, and I want to send out a special thank you to Fern. Fern has been in retirement way too long, and I may just be time for him to make a re-intro into society. I think it is time. We shall see... And, did I mention that the DC Police are a lot of fun, but they are not Uber... Otherwise, in my opinion, this was the most difficult day of the annual DC visits. My day began at 7 o'clock this morning, and my last meeting was finished at about 7:30 tonight. Then it was on to a dinner with many of my favorite colleagues, and now I am closing out the day with this journal entry. Tomorrow is an easier day, and I will get a little bit of extra sleep. Deeds, Actions, Changes, LAUGHS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment