Wednesday, May 24, 2017

2017 - Day 144/221 - Wednesday...

Just when you thought it was safe to get back on the Interstate... Okay, for those technical folks in the reading audience, in central Texas it is the Interregional Highway, not the Interstate, but I am abandoning that pc idea and just going with the readily acceptable idea of 'average'. In addition, there is only one cave, and it is correctly known as Bee Cave, Texas and Bee Cave Road. But everyone insists on saying 'Bee Caves', so go ahead with yourselves, and I will try my best to be average. But I digress. I have been having a little 'happy fest' with myself all this week, glowing in the fact that UT has recesses for the summer, which means traffic ebbs somewhat in its' intensity. But the commute home this afternoon was (kind of, sort of) a killer. I took me one hour (60 minutes) to travel 7.4 miles. And the cause of the back-up was at my 8.2 mark. A motor home decided to catch fire right there, and by the time I got to it, it was nothing but a mere skeleton of its former self. I don't know if there were any injuries (none were reported on the local news) and I don't know if any other vehicles were involved, but it made for REALLY slow going on what was otherwise a beautiful afternoon. Deeds, Actions, Changes, BURNS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment