Saturday, May 20, 2017

2017 - Day 140/225 - Saturday...

So, does this look like a Texas sunset? If not, just admit that you don't know what the sunset on the edge of nowhere looks like. I made it home just as the sun was fading, and I am proud to note that I am going to sleep in my own bed tonight. The last five days (six day, five days, who's counting) were filled with activities, advocacy, meetings, committees, dinners, receptions and a lot of hard work. Overall, I think most people would agree, we were there too long, we had too many meetings, we did not get enough sleep, we ate too much, we drank too much, and we did a lot of great work. I have done it many times in the past, and I would do it all over again without a minutes hesitation. But I am glad to be home. We are supposed to get a little more rain (maybe) overnight, and there are chances of rain through Monday evening. Interestingly, Jody said there were thunder storms and a lot of lightning last night, and the new girls slept through the whole thing. I don't understand how some dogs panic and some dogs do not even recognize that it is happening. We are good that these girls are in the latter category. Good night. Deeds, Actions, Changes, SUNSETS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment