Saturday, May 27, 2017

2017 - Day 147/218 - Saturday...

I got very little of my 'To Done' list accomplished. There were/are eight things on my list, and only one thing has been crossed off; I changed the filter in the water filter thing in the kitchen. I did make some progress though, and I expect to get a couple more things crossed off the list tomorrow. I was out measuring things outside the chicken coop this morning, to make sure that the plan I had devised in my head just 'might' work. I had been in and out of the enclosure a couple times, taking this measurement and that measurement, and I turned around and saw this rat snake on one of the 2 x 4 supports. That sound you heard of a 13 year old girl screaming was most likely me. I composed myself and took a couple pictures, and when last seen, the snake (with the two orbs about half-way down its' length) was flying through the air into the tall grass. If those orbs were chicken eggs, all will be good. If they were nest eggs, I would suspect that snakes days are numbered. Whatever... Jody and I did go into Taylor this morning, and I bought a 10 x 10 chain link dog kennel to replace the other exterior enclosure that keeps the chickens safe at night. So far, I have demolished about 90% of the original enclosure, and I have about 60% of the new enclosure completed. It is completed enough that it is standing, but it is just 'pinned' together, and the roof of the enclosure has not been added yet. I think I can get all that done tomorrow. It already looks a lot better, but the chickens are not that interested in change...must like the chicken keeper himself. Deeds, Actions, Changes, CHAIN LINK, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment