Tuesday, May 9, 2017

2017 - Day 129/236 - Tuesday...

Must to the consternation of the weather prognosticators in central Texas, we did in fact receive a little bit of rain this afternoon. As of this morning, the forecasts called for 0.01" up to Wednesday afternoon. I don't know what was in the gauges in Austin, but out here on the edge of nowhere, we got ten times that (sounds really good but it doesn't really amount to that much). BUT, we will take what we can get. I was outside feeding Barney, checking meters and collecting eggs when it started thundering and lightning. I took refuge in the chicken coop for about ten minutes, and the chickens took refuge in the bamboo and under some vines. I am not sure which of the species were the most secure, but there were no fatalities amongst us. We also think it is really interesting, the new girls (Callie and Lexi) do not make any notice of the thunder. The last several four legged friends we have had were total freak-jobs when it thundered, but these two do not even act as if they notice it at all. Maybe they are deaf, but they can hear a can opener, so I doubt that. This photo was taken last night of the Garlic and the sunset. I like the photo very much, I hope you enjoy it as well. Big day tomorrow. Deeds, Actions, Changes, RAIN, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment