Tuesday, September 10, 2013

2013 - Day 253/112 - Tuesday...

The best news and the bottom line is I AM HOME!  It was only four days, but it seemed like a really long four days, and I am glad to be back and participating in our routines (like falling asleep in the big blue chair during the news).

There was a lovely sunrise this morning in Dallas, and I was all packed and ready to go at about 7 o'clock.  By 7:30 I had my bags down and in the trunk of my car, and was ready for the 8 o'clock seminar, followed by the 9:45 Board of Directors Meeting.  I was scheduled to attend one more function in the early afternoon, but I chose to pass on that.  It was probably a good thing because I got lost trying to find my way onto I-35 South and went (maybe) ten miles out of my way.  AND THEN I decided I knew better than Siri at one or two junctures (and I did), but I get really nervous (like an old woman) when I am driving in unfamiliar territory.

BUT, everything eventually worked out well, and soon I was headed in the right direction.  I put my AudioBook on and cruised home.  Lori (the TAR Legal Counsel) passed me at one point, but that was the only person I recognized.  There were more (perhaps) but I was busy checking e-mails or doing something else in a distracted fashion.

It rained on me in Waco (where I stopped at Dairy Queen and enjoyed a chicken finger lunch) and I was going to stop in West to bring home some Kolaches, but there is so much construction on the Interstate that the exits were sort of badly marked, and I missed the exit.  I bet that is not helping the economic challenges that West has been suffering.

Made it to Jarrell and filled the car up with gas so I am ahead of the game in that manner, and I am ready to get into the office early tomorrow to get caught up.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, NO KOLACHES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment