Saturday, September 28, 2013

2013 - Day 271/94 - Saturday...

KIBOSH: ki·bosh kəˈbäSH,ˈkīˌbäSH noun informal noun: kibosh; noun: kybosh put an end to; dispose of decisively. "he put the kibosh on the deal"

Yep, that is pretty much what I feel like I may have done for our chances of rain out here on the edge of nowhere (which is further than the middle of nowhere).  In anticipation of the elevated possibilities of rain over the next 36 to 48 hours, I fed the cattle today instead of waiting until tomorrow which is the norm.  They were surprised to say the least, as was I, because I really did not feel like doing it.  I was perfectly comfortable in my big blue chair, sleeping, but with a death grip on the clicker.  BUT, that is done and now my entire day tomorrow is open.  There has not been a photo of Mr. Speckles on the blog for some time, so I thought I would share this with you.  He is a good boy (and sneaky).

We made another trip to the Vet's this morning.  Ever since the Boy Dog has been home, we have been to the Vet's office more than he has.  We got two more prescriptions to try and curtail his projectile diarrhea, and so far he has had two doses.  There seems to be some improvement, but the big test will be tonight when we find out if we can get a full night of uninterrupted sleep or not.  He is scheduled for another dose at 1 AM, and I will set my alarm for that time and give it to him. 

It has sprinkled a little bit out here, but nothing like what we have seen reported in Austin.  We did take a trip into Georgetown to get a few groceries.  We purchased an expensive (but not the MOST expensive) package of bacon, so we will have some of that in the morning, as well as a few other things.  And a half-gallon of Blue Bell (Homemade in the Shade) ended up in the basket.  I had just luckily brought along the cold bag and some blue ice (just in case).  We have not seen that particular flavor in several months, so there will be a little celebration tonight with a generously proportioned bowl of same.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, A POX ON RAIN, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bill This is Dawn, Irene's daughter. Is Mr. Speckles the one we hear on our side of the edge of nowhere? He is very vocal!

    ReplyDelete