Tuesday, September 17, 2013

2013 - Day 260/105 - Tuesday...

I took this picture this morning as Jody and I were on our way to the vets office.  In the last couple days the boy dog has decided he really is no longer interested in walking.  The vet (yesterday) said he was old and very arthritic.  He has had a couple spells lately, but always made a nice recovery.  He was still in the back of Jody's truck when I got home from work yesterday and it was a bit of a problem getting him out and into the house.  Things did not get a lot better overnight.  We both slept in the living room with him (since he was essentially immobile) and we were bot up every couple hours to try and calm him down.  I called the vet at 4:30 to see what time they opened up (7:30).  Then I called again at 6:30 and got an answer, but they were not really there, just answering remotely.

Bottom line is, I think he will make a recovery again, but there will probably be no more rides in the truck unless it is a 'has to' situation.  He is a good old boy, and the house right now is very quiet without him walking around.  I expect we will get good news from the vet tomorrow.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BOY DOGS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment